Friday 20 February 2015

Camden and 100 % optical

I had full weekend firstly I went to Camden with my friend and sister as I needed to get a new corset as I no longer fit in my current one as I have lost a little weight. I had intended to go to berleska corsets as I had seen them at London edge and was amazed my the different corsets they had and shocked that they went up to my size. Unfortunately I never got to berleska as I had a lot of trouble finding them mostly because I had left the map they gave me at home oops.

Luckily I found this lovely little shop called black widow who sells corset in a large range of styles and sizes and the woman who work there was amazing she knew just by looking at me and my sister what size we were and took the time to find out what we where looking for and which corset would fit us the best. 
She took the utmosts cars in selecting corset that would fit and suit our shape the best  it was the best corset fitting I have ever had as she was so warm, friendly and you tell she had a real passion for what she was doing. The corset might have been a little bit more expensive that I was expecting even though she did give me a little discount but I got a steel boned satin high quality corset and a a great service.

My corset not the best photo but you can see how it really shapes me and feels wonderful on unlike some that feel uncomfortable because they do not fit perfectly.

My sister in her corset I love the leather and chain details and really accentuates her breasts.

Any trip to Camden for me can not be complete without a trip to cyber dog a great place for uv make up and accessories and you got to love there funky clothing I promised my self I would not buy anything this time as I had over spent and I usally go mad and buy lots of bit in cyberdog I was tempted to buy the manic panic hair extensions and a amazing cyberdog T-shirt,  but unfortunately I could not stop myself from buying this lovely pink necklace which was on sale and it would look great with an costume I am planning to do hopefully in the near future couple more item and it is complete.

I was sent to 100 percent optical as part of work to see what the new trends coming up and to get some inspirations for work but I had great time saw a ton of glasses that I want my fravourite company is mo eyewear which is a Spanish company and I fell I. Love with one pair in particular which is not only a glasses but has a clip on sunglasses part which looks absolutely amazing co pared to some of the other clip on sunglasses as they usally look quite out of place and old fashioned where as mo has made the clip look like it is apart of the frame giving it a geek chic feel.

Mo eyewear had quite a few glasses which caught my interest firstly was this lovely pink with blues side frame which is a another pair with that geek feel which suited me which I quite a shock as most geek frame are too dark for my pale complexion and makeme look ill so I was quite impressed plus you could have them as with a nice statement pair of glasses or they would also look great  as sunglasses.

Another pair liked from mo eyewear was this punk frame which was a slightly different from other pair of glasses I had see that day as they as they were slightly different shape I like how they have they geek feel to them but because they are not completely square it gives a softer look on the face and highlights the cheek bones.

Another brand of frames that caught my interest was Ronit Furst, this company is a relatively new company who sell the most amazing hand painted frames.
I loved how there frames where very colourful and each one unique and made a statement I like this blue pair which had four different shades of blue and had lovely painted design on the side.

I also like this cute pastel frame which was pink, green and had a little pale blue as well they where a lovely statement pair for those who want to have something different but don't want to go over the top I think they would are great pair for work or everyday.

Other than looking around at all the new styles and new brands of frames there was also an amazing fashion run way show casing some of the new frames coming out this year.
I have to say the model where amazing they even did a couple of dances on the runway which made it more fun and exciting than other runway show which I have seen.


Plus I love these little black flapper dresses they where wearing they looked waking when the girls where dancing  and really flattered their figures.

There was also a design competition which they where show casing the latest disgn ideas from the young minds from the royal college of arts and they where amazing to see what they had made my fravourite was the glasses rings I thought it was an interesting and quirky idea and I know a few people who would love to own one.

Another idea was the colour changing frames which work the same as transitions glass, I thought it was an great idea it's like having two pairs of glasses in one.

I also thought these whacky glasses frames where so cool and I can see people wearing them.

These where a  cool futuristic feel to them and had the most amazing colour from the light reflecting of them.

Another quirky design I feel like it might have had some art nouveau inspiration.

I like these they are very different and definitely make a statement the problem I see with this frame would be what would be like to look through and would you be able to see clearly?

These where another of the quirky designs and there where mirrors on the top of the far which was help with directing the light to improve vision.

And after along weekend I full of shopping and research I had to finish the weekend on a high with a lovely free glasses of champagne for a just because moment cheers.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a lovely weekend with such lovely fun pieces!

    Laura from whatlauralovesuk.com xxx

    ReplyDelete