Monday 1 June 2015

Favourite quote

My favourite quote is an old one and comes from my favourite play which I first saw performed in primary school by troop that came into the school the play is Romeo and Juliet. I love this play it always makes me cry when they say never has been a tale of more woe than of Juliet and her Romeo but that not my favourite quote from the play. I must have been the only person in my year whom was excited when the teacher announced we where studying Romeo and Juliet as our Shakespeare module as I got to go see Romeo and Juliet be perform on a stage for the first time as part of my course work.


My favourite quote is "with love's light wings did I o'erperch these walls; for stony limits cannot hold 
The translation for is I flew over these walls with the light wings of love. Stone walls can't keep love out 

The translation is I flew over these wall with the wings of love. Stone walls can't keep me out, 
I love this quote because it's lovely to think that love can conquer all that it has no limits and in a way Romeo and Julie's love did have no limites loved each other so much they would rather than live without each other which I find romantic in a tragic sort of way. 

And through their love they where able to end the feud between the two houses which had been going on for a very long time.


Day 8 of the June daily blog challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Shakespeare really did write beautifully, that quote is wonderful

    ReplyDelete